Tour Groups are welcome and encouraged. The Texas Maritime Museum is a great place for schools, visiting groups, organizations and large families. Experience the journey of early explorers and the tale of Texas’ first settlement. Learn about shipbuilding and commerce. Find the Allure of Fishing and enjoy the beauty of the lighthouses of Texas in Harold Phenix’s artwork. Top off a full visit with a glimpse of the community from the highest observation point in Rockport. We hope to ‘sea’ you soon!
Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more when you schedule a visit in advance and pay with one transaction. Tours should be scheduled a minimum of 2 weeks prior to ensure a docent and the Museum are available. For groups of 20 or fewer a full guided tour can be arranged upon request. For larger groups a docent will be on site to welcome and give information on the Museum and our exhibits, remaining on site for questions.
- Any tour can be designed to emphasize particular interests or subjects related to school curriculum
- Average visiting time is 1 hour
- Groups are invited to visit Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tour leader and bus driver will both receive free admission
- For school groups a minimum of one Teacher/Chaperone for every 10 children (3rd Grade +) or 2 Teachers/Chaperones for every 10 children (K-2nd Grade) are required and will receive free admission.
- Additional Chaperones are welcome but required to pay the Adult Group Rate of $6.00.
Seniors (60+) $5.00
Child (3-12) / Students $1.50
ACISD Schools FREE
Learn more about our School Group Tours which included lessons and activities for your class on our School Groups/Educator Resources Page.