Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series
Our most popular and longest running program, the Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series, runs January through March (excluding the week of spring break). Lectures are held every Monday, 12:00 – 1:00 PM (Doors open at 11:45) in the Museum Education Center. The series consists of 11 weeks of FREE Lectures on a variety of topics relating to maritime history, museum programming, museum exhibits or the Coastal Bend community and environments.
2016 series sponsors:
- Mrs. Nancy Melcher
- Larry & Barbara Ward
We appreciate their support and generosity to continue the Brown Bag program.
2016 Lecture Series Schedule
- January 11: Laura Wright, Sea Turtles
- January 18: Katelin Koon, Pirates of the Gulf Coast
- January 25: Dr. Jennifer Pollack, Oyster Recycling & Reef Restoration
- February 1: Charlie Zahn, Port of Corpus Christi
- February 8: USCG Commander Charles West, Suddenly in Charge
- February 15: Christine Hale from Texas Sea Grant, Understanding the Deepwater Horizon oil spill’s impact to the Gulf of Mexico.
- February 22: Aransas Wildlife Refuge, Annual Whooping Crane Update
- February 29: Justin Parkoff, Byers & Sunderland Anchor
- March 7: Will Nichols, Overview of Cheniere LNG Project
- March 14: NO BROWN BAG LECTURE
- March 21: Curator, Phil Barnes, Sports Fishing Wall of Fame Induction
Seafaring Saga Movie Nights
2nd Thursdays, January – May
Seafaring Saga Movie Nights celebrate maritime history and entertainment in films. A great number of films have a maritime setting, and what better way to spend your evenings than viewing a maritime themed movie on the Texas Maritime Museum’s big screen. Enjoy a FREE movie experience on the 2nd Thursday of the month, January through May.
2016 Seafaring Saga Movie Night
Curtain up at 7:00 PM. Popcorn and drinks are available for $1.00 each. Here’s the schedule for 2016:
- January 14: Captain Blood (1935)
- February 11: Black Swan (1942)
- March 17: Princess & The Pirate (1944)
- April 21: Last of the Buccaneers (1950)
- May 12: Treasure Island (1950)