Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series
Our most popular and longest running program, the Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series, runs January through March (excluding the week of spring break). Lectures are held every Monday, 12:00 – 1:00 PM in the Museum Education Center. The series consists of 11 weeks of FREE Lectures on a variety of topics relating to maritime history, museum programming, museum exhibits or the Coastal Bend community and environments.
2014 series sponsors:
- Mrs. Nancy Melcher
- Larry & Barbara Ward
- Ron Hoover RV & Marine
We appreciate their support and generosity to continue the Brown Bag program.
2014 Lecture Series Schedule
- January 6: John Williams, Rescue at Sea
- January 13: Tanya Whatley, Annual Whooping Crane Update
- January 20: Sig Murphy, The Texas Navy
- January 27: Curator, Phil Barnes
- February 3: Justin Parkoff & Jessica Stika, Preservation Project: The USS Westfield
- February 10: Don Breeden, Flags Over Texas
- February 17: Brett Boeck, Republic National Distributing Co. Wine Tasting
- February 24: Miles Arceneaux Team, La Salle’s Ghost
- March 3: John Martell, The Story Behind the Picture
- March 10: NO BROWN BAG LECTURE
- March 17: Herndan Williams, 700 Stories of the Texas Frontier
- March 24: Curator, Phil Barnes, Sports Fishing Wall of Fame Induction
Seafaring Saga Movie Nights
2nd Thursdays, January – May
Seafaring Saga Movie Nights celebrate maritime history and entertainment in films. A great number of films have a maritime setting, and what better way to spend your evenings than viewing a maritime themed movie on the Texas Maritime Museum’s big screen. Enjoy a FREE movie experience on the 2nd Thursday of the month, January through May.
2014 Seafaring Saga Movie Night
Curtain up at 7:00 PM. Popcorn and drinks are available for $1.00 each. Check the Calendar to see what is showing.