Creating and implementing educational programs and events relevant to the mission of the museum; maintaining and cultivating community partnerships; volunteer recruitment and coordination; providing direct communication to board of trustees.
Supervises: Part Time Front Desk Staff, Seasonal Staff (camp counselors), Volunteers
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain and develop innovative curriculum for established programs
- Scheduling and providing tours and outreach programs
- Developing curriculum for temporary exhibits, developing and maintaining community partnerships with organizations and schools
- Recruiting, training, and maintaining volunteers, directing all camp activities (SEA Camp, H2Odyssey, Sailor’s Holiday Spring Break)
- Grant research and writing, implementing and assisting with fundraising activities for the organization and the department
- Formulating and maintaining the department’s budget
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events, exhibits, and program activities.
Master’s level degree in Education, Museum Studies, History, or related field, 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Supervisory experience with adults and adolescents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with social media and the internet
- Able to communicate with audiences varying in age, gender, race, education and ability.
- Fulfills monthly reports and schedules as well as other administrative duties as necessary.
Compensation: $26,000 Annually with basic health insurance.
To Apply: Submit resume and three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 1202
Navigation Circle, Rockport, TX 78382. No Calls.
Summer Camp Counselors
Throughout the year, the Education Department at the Texas Maritime Museum is constantly searching for responsible young adults to assist our camps either as volunteers or paid counselors. A number of campers graduate into our volunteer program and age into a paid counselor position. Potential applicants unfamiliar with our programs are welcome and encouraged to apply to any and all camps. Individuals must be at least 11 years old to volunteer and at least 16 years old to become a paid counselor. Head Counselors must be at least 18 years old.