Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series
Our most popular and longest running program, the Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series, runs January through March (excluding the week of spring break). Lectures are held every Monday, 12:00 – 1:00 PM (Doors open at 11:45) in the Museum Education Center. The series consists of 10 weeks of FREE Lectures on a variety of topics relating to maritime history, museum programming, museum exhibits or the Coastal Bend community and environments.
2018 Lecture Series Schedule
- January 22: Former Commissioner for the Port of Corpus Christi, Judy Hawley on the economic impact of developments made at the Port.
- January 29: Royce Martin of Oliver’s Restoration will discuss the process of Hurricane Harvey restoration at TMM and repairing other damaged structures.
- February 5: PhD Candidate at Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Kesley Gibson will speak about “Real-time Tracking of Texas’ Marine Apex Predators.”
- February 12: TMM Curator Phil Barnes on the new “Duck, Duck, Goose” exhibit and other changes happening in the Museum.
- February 19: State Marine Archaeologist for the Texas Historical Commission, Dr. Amy Borgens will update us on her recent marine archaeology projects.
- February 26: Fisheries Biologist for the Coastal Fisheries Division of Texas Parks and Wildlife, Dr. Christopher Mace will speak about “The Effects of Hurricane Harvey on the Fisheries of Aransas Bay.”
- March 5: The Aransas National Wildlife Refuge will be here for their annual Whooping Crane update by Dr. Wade Harrell & Laura Bonneau.
- March 12: NO BROWN BAG LECTURE
- March 19: TBD
- March 26: Curator, Phil Barnes, Sports Fishing Wall of Fame Induction
Seafaring Saga Movie Nights
2nd Tuesdays, January – May
Seafaring Saga Movie Nights celebrate maritime history and entertainment in films. A great number of films have a maritime setting, and what better way to spend your evenings than viewing a maritime themed movie on the Texas Maritime Museum’s big screen. Enjoy a FREE movie experience on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, January through May.
2018 Seafaring Saga Movie Night Schedule:
- January 11: Lifeboat (1944) In Hitchcock’s classic film, several survivors of a torpedoed ship find themselves in the same boat with one of the men who sunk it.
- February 13: The Finest Hours (2016) The Coast Guard makes a daring rescue attempt off the coast of Cape Cod after a pair of oil tankers are destroyed during a blizzard in 1952. (PG-13)
- March 13: Mission Blue (2014) Documentary about legendary oceanographer, marine biologist, environmentalist and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Sylvia Earle, and her campaign to create a global network of protected marine sanctuaries. (TV-Y7)
- April 12: FAMILY NIGHT, 6:00 PM: Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) Set in 1914, this animated film tells the story of a young man who gains possession of a sacred book, which he believes will guide him to the lost city of Atlantis. (PG)
- May 8, 2018: The African Queen (1951) In Africa during World War I, a gin-swillingriverboat captain is persuaded by a strait-laced missionary to use his boat to attack an enemy warship. (PG)
Curtain up at 7:00 PM. Popcorn and drinks are available for $1.00 each.